Savory Baked Tofu
made it | 0 reviews |
"This is a new favorite, and the flavor has been compared to - get this - corn dogs! This is great for someone who's a little wary about tofu; it's kind of a vegetarian 'shake and bake' recipe. Tofu, done like this, tastes meaty and not unlike chicken. The secret is to chop the tofu, freeze it, and then drain it really well before you marinate it. We keep chopped tofu in our freezer at all times for easy, fast recipes like this. (You can thaw it really quickly in boiling water.)"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients9 h servings 243 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings (2 cups of tofu )
- Place tofu in a freezer-safe, covered container and freeze, 8 hours to overnight. Thaw in the refrigerator the day before you plan to bake it.
- Mix lemon juice, mustard, honey, soy sauce, chili powder, garlic salt, and black pepper together in a bowl. Add thawed tofu and stir to coat. Marinate at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Grease a baking sheet with vegetable oil.
- Place bread crumbs in a large lidded plastic container. Place tofu, 5 to 10 cubes at a time, in the container and seal the top. Shake until coated and place tofu on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining tofu.
- Bake in the preheated oven until well browned, about 10 minutes.
Per Serving: 243 calories; 10 g fat; 28.7 g carbohydrates; 13.8 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 751 mg sodium. Full nutrition