Perfect Sous Vide Bell Pepper Bites
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 10 m servings 155 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings (6 bites)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Set a sous vide cooker inside a large heat-proof container and pour water to the fill line to make the water bath. Preheat sous vide to 172 degrees F (78 degrees C).
- Place red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, and orange bell pepper quarters, cut sides down, onto a baking sheet, reserving 1 quarter of each pepper.
- Roast in the preheated oven until pepper skins are evenly charred, about 45 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool, at least 10 minutes. Remove pepper skins and dice the flesh.
- Combine diced peppers, eggs, cream cheese, cottage cheese, salt, and pepper in a food processor. Process until smooth. Place 5 tablespoons of the mixture into each jar. Place lids on the jars, screwing until fully closed yet loose enough to twist open with your fingertips.
- Submerge jars in the heated water bath using tongs; air bubbles will escape the jars. Set timer for 1 hour.
- Heat small saucepan over medium heat. Slice reserved bell pepper quarters into 1/4-inch strips. Cook and stir in the hot pan until tender but still crunchy, about 3 minutes. Cut each strip into 4 equal pieces.
- Take jars out of the bath and let cool. Remove lids and run a small rubber spatula around the edges of each jar to loosen the egg bite. Turn jars over and drop the egg bites onto serving plates. Arrange reserved bell pepper pieces into a cross over each egg bite.
- Cook's Notes:
- Do not over-tighten the jars, or the pressure can't escape the jar during heating and it will shatter.
- Refrigerate the egg bites until needed, microwaving for 30 seconds before serving.
Per Serving: 155 calories; 12.2 g fat; 2.4 g carbohydrates; 9.1 g protein; 209 mg cholesterol; 263 mg sodium. Full nutrition