Ingredients13 h servings 80
- In a large bowl, beat eggs with sugar until thick and pale, about 10 minutes. Stir in the anise extract. Sift together the flour and baking powder; fold into the egg mixture. Cover and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Divide dough into 3 parts. On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out to 1/4 inch thickness. Flour a springerle mold or rolling pin, and press the design into the dough. Cut apart the cookies and place them 1 inch apart onto a greased cookie sheet. Cover with a towel and let stand overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Dust excess flour from cookies.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes in the preheated oven, until bottoms are lightly browned. Cool and store in an airtight container for up to 2 months.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 80 calories; 0.5 17.3 1.5 16 27 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
These are good. Really grease the cookie sheet! These stick to parchment paper!
These cookies are amazing! These turned out just like my German grandmother's cookies did years ago. My only suggestion would be to add a bit more anise old (personal preference) and be sure n...