Minnesota Hunter's Chili
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 50 m servings 363
Original recipe yields 16 servings (4 1/2 quarts)
- Heat bacon fat in a 5-quart Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Add venison and brown well, about 10 minutes.
- Brown beef in a separate skillet over medium heat, 7 to 10 minutes; add to Dutch oven with venison. Brown pork in the skillet over medium heat, 10 to 15 minutes; add to Dutch oven with meat mixture. Add chili powder, cayenne pepper, garlic, and cumin. Cook over medium heat until flavors have combined, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes.
- Stir tomato sauce, water, tomato paste, paprika, parsley, salt, and oregano into the meat mixture in the Dutch oven. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for about 1 hour. Stir occasionally and add water as needed.
- Mix masa harina into the meat mixture in the Dutch oven; cook until thickened, at least 30 minutes. Add more water as needed.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Use any type of game meat you prefer, such as moose or elk.
Per Serving: 363 calories; 21.1 9.7 33.3 119 761 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1