Mexican Chicken Meatball Soup (Sopa de Albondigas de Pollo)
1 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 233
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Combine 4 tomatoes, 1/2 an onion, and garlic in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Heat oil in a soup pot over medium heat. Add the blended tomato mixture; cook until mixture changes color, about 5 minutes. Add chicken stock, reduce heat, and simmer while you prepare the meatballs.
- Place ground chicken in a bowl. Add 3 chopped tomatoes, chopped onion, egg, rice, mint, oregano, salt, and pepper. Mix well with your hands until mixture is uniform. Take about 1/4 cup of mixture and form into round meatballs using wet hands. Place on a baking sheet. Repeat with remaining chicken mixture.
- Bring stock mixture to a boil. Place a meatball into a ladle and submerge into the boiling stock. Remove ladle and repeat with remaining meatballs.
- Place zucchini, chayote, and carrots into the stock. Bring to a boil again. Lower heat, season with salt, and cover. Simmer until meatballs are no longer pink in the center and vegetables are soft, about 30 minutes.
You might also like
Per Serving: 233 calories; 4.9 17.2 30.5 90 998 Full nutrition