Mexican Chicken Meatball Soup (Sopa de Albondigas de Pollo)
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 233 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Combine 4 tomatoes, 1/2 an onion, and garlic in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Heat oil in a soup pot over medium heat. Add the blended tomato mixture; cook until mixture changes color, about 5 minutes. Add chicken stock, reduce heat, and simmer while you prepare the meatballs.
- Place ground chicken in a bowl. Add 3 chopped tomatoes, chopped onion, egg, rice, mint, oregano, salt, and pepper. Mix well with your hands until mixture is uniform. Take about 1/4 cup of mixture and form into round meatballs using wet hands. Place on a baking sheet. Repeat with remaining chicken mixture.
- Bring stock mixture to a boil. Place a meatball into a ladle and submerge into the boiling stock. Remove ladle and repeat with remaining meatballs.
- Place zucchini, chayote, and carrots into the stock. Bring to a boil again. Lower heat, season with salt, and cover. Simmer until meatballs are no longer pink in the center and vegetables are soft, about 30 minutes.
Per Serving: 233 calories; 4.9 g fat; 17.2 g carbohydrates; 30.5 g protein; 90 mg cholesterol; 998 mg sodium. Full nutrition