Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 425
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a skillet over medium-low heat. Cook pasilla chiles until light brown, being careful not to burn them, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer chiles to a plate. Increase skillet heat to medium-high; cook tortillas in the same oil until crisp and golden brown, about 3 minutes. Remove from skillet.
- Wipe out skillet and place back over medium-high heat. Add tomato and serrano peppers. Roast in the dry skillet, turning occasionally, until skin is charred and flesh is soft, 8 to 12 minutes. Let cool briefly. Peel tomatoes and place in a blender along with serrano peppers. Add water and blend until smooth.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir until translucent, about 5 minutes. Pour in the tomato mixture; cook until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Pour beans into the blender; process until smooth. Add to the saucepan with the tomato mixture. Add oregano and season with salt. Bring soup to a simmer until beans are heated through, about 5 minutes. Garnish soup with the toasted pasilla chile, tortilla strips, and Cotija cheese.
- Cook's Note:
- Use home-cooked black beans, if possible.
Per Serving: 425 calories; 15.5 55.4 19 11 1099 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1