Vegan Tortilla Soup
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 402
Original recipe yields 2 servings
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cut 2 tortillas in half and then into 1/8-inch strips. Place in a bowl and toss with avocado oil. Arrange strips in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the strips are crisp and light brown, about 15 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside for garnishing.
- Place guajillo chile in a saucepan with water to cover; bring to a boil. Remove from heat and let chile soak in the hot water until soft, at least 10 minutes. Drain.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; saute until transparent, about 3 minutes. Tear remaining tortilla into pieces and add to the skillet. Cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Add tomatoes; cook and stir until tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool, about 5 minutes.
- Place tomato-tortilla mixture into a blender. Add the soaked guajillo chile and vegetable stock. Blend until smooth. Pour into a saucepan and season with salt. If you prefer a very fine soup, you can strain it into the saucepan. Bring to a boil and let simmer until flavors meld, about 5 minutes. Garnish with baked tortilla strips and avocado slices.
Per Serving: 402 calories; 30 32.5 5.5 0 383 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1