Vegan Baked Onion Rings
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients35 m servings 213 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings (2 onions)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray generously with cooking spray.
- Pour coconut milk into a bowl and stir in apple cider vinegar. Let sit until thickened, about 5 minutes. Add onions; soak until 'buttermilk' clings to onions, about 5 minutes.
- Mix cornmeal, flour, sesame seeds, salt, garlic powder, paprika, and pepper together in a shallow dish.
- Take onion rings out of the buttermilk one by one with a fork and drop on top of the cornmeal mixture. Spoon mixture over rings. Lift coated rings onto the sprayed foil and space them apart. Spray the top of the rings with cooking spray.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes. Flip rings over and bake until dark golden, about 5 minutes more.
- Cook's Note:
- Corn grits can be substituted for the cornmeal, if desired.
Per Serving: 213 calories; 7.3 g fat; 32.3 g carbohydrates; 4.6 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 399 mg sodium. Full nutrition