Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients12 h 45 m servings 220
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 loaf)
- Combine 2 cups flour, water, sourdough starter, butter, sugar, and salt in a bowl. Mix into a stiff batter. Beat for a few minutes using a wooden spoon or an electric mixer; the dough should be quite moist and sticky.
- Turn dough into an oiled bowl, flipping to coat all sides. Cover the bowl with a clean towel and leave at room temperature to ferment 8 hours to overnight.
- Turn dough onto a liberally floured surface. Knead for at least 10 minutes, adding an additional 1/2 cup flour or more as needed; the dough should be very smooth and elastic when done.
- Butter a loaf pan. Shape dough into a loaf and place in the prepared pan. Cover with a clean towel and let rise in a warm place until doubled in bulk, 4 to 12 hours depending on temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Brush the top of the loaf with beaten egg. Cut a 1/4-inch slash down the center lengthwise using a sharp knife.
- Bake in the preheated oven until an internal temperature of at least 180 degrees F (82 degrees C) is reached, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Turn loaf out onto a rack and cool completely before slicing.
Per Serving: 220 calories; 6.5 34.3 5.6 36 212 Full nutrition
How much yeast is in a package of yeast?
Can I freeze dough and then bake it later?
I want my bread loaves to have a thicker crust. What can I do?
Ask Your Question
ReviewsRead all reviews 1