Mexican Corn Bread Casserole with Turkey
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients40 m servings 463 cals
Original recipe yields 10 servings (1 9x13-inch casserole)
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add turkey, onion, and garlic. Cook and stir in the hot skillet until turkey is no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Add 1 1/2 cups salsa, cumin, salt, black pepper, and chili powder. Stir together.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Whisk milk, polenta, butter, corn flour, egg whites, and baking soda together in a bowl. Pour mixture into a 9x13-inch baking pan. Pour cooked ground turkey mixture over corn bread layer.
- Bake casserole in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Sprinkle 1 1/2 cups shredded Mexican-style Cheddar cheese blend on top. Continue baking until top is bubbling, 5 minutes more. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Top casserole with remaining 1/2 cup shredded Mexican-style cheese and 2 cups salsa.
- Cook's Notes:
- I used homemade salsa.
- Heavy whipping cream can be substituted for the milk, if desired.
Per Serving: 463 calories; 27 g fat; 27.5 g carbohydrates; 29.8 g protein; 121 mg cholesterol; 1279 mg sodium. Full nutrition