Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients55 m servings 304 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 9x13-inch casserole)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and red bell pepper; saute until softened, 5 to 7 minutes. Add ground beef, garlic, chili powder, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper. Cook and stir until beef is browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Mix corn into the beef mixture and toss to defrost, about 3 minutes. Drain and discard fat. Add about 1/4 of the shredded Mexican cheese blend and mix well. Pour meat sauce into a 9x13-inch casserole dish. Cover meat with a thin layer of salsa.
- Combine cornmeal, salt, and baking soda in a large bowl. Add milk and eggs; stir until well blended. Pour cornmeal mixture on top of salsa layer and top with remaining shredded Mexican cheese blend.
- Bake in the preheated oven until browned on top, about 30 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- This can be made with any meat substitute.
- Any shredded cheese will do.
Per Serving: 304 calories; 16.3 g fat; 21.5 g carbohydrates; 18.2 g protein; 101 mg cholesterol; 708 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
This is scrumptious! It's great for a week night dinner when you just want something that's yummy and easy to put together. I used ground venison instead of beef; added dried oregano, paprika, a...