Sydney's Cabbage Stir-Fry (Daniel Fast Remix)
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"My wife and I were doing a Daniel Fast and we were looking for meal options that fit within the Fast parameters. I remember my mother making this dish using ground beef or turkey, but we used veggie burgers. It turned out pretty good if I say so myself. I choose to serve this dish over brown rice to make the meal more filling. You can also use white rice or couscous. The choice is yours. Happy cooking."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 284
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Cut cabbage into thick slices. Cut each slice in half. Combine cabbage, carrots, mushrooms, green onions, and garlic in a large container.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook burger patties, turning occasionally, until heated through, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat and dice.
- Heat remaining oil in a large skillet or wok until it shimmers. Add cabbage mixture; cook and stir over medium-high heat until cabbage begins to take on a transparent look, 7 to 8 minutes. Stir in burger pieces. Cook until flavors combine, 7 to 8 minutes more. Stir in soy sauce and sesame oil for an Asian kick. Reduce heat and continue cooking, turning occasionally, until carrots are tender, 3 to 5 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute baby carrots for the carrots if desired.
- Regular green onions work if you can't find Mexican green onions.
- You can add any spices you desire after you add the veggie meat to the dish.
Per Serving: 284 calories; 12.9 25.8 19.3 0 547 Full nutrition