Shana's Spaghetti Squash Muffins
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 25 m servings 233
Original recipe yields 12 servings (24 muffins)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place spaghetti squash cut-side down in a shallow baking pan. Add about 1 inch water.
- Bake in the preheated oven until flesh is soft, about 1 hour 25 minutes. Scoop out flesh with a spoon and measure out 2 cups; refrigerate until cool, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Increase oven temperature to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease two 12-cup muffin tins.
- Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, allspice, and salt together in a large bowl.
- Mix milk, eggs, butter, and vanilla extract together in a separate bowl. Stir in spaghetti squash. Fold the squash mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened.
- Spoon batter into the prepared muffin tins, filling each cup halfway.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Remove from muffin tins and cool on wire racks.
- Cook's Notes:
- Spices may be replaced with 3 3/4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice.
- To bake as small loaves, add 25 minutes to the baking time. This bread tends to have a slightly gummy consistency due to the squash. Baking longer will cause the bread to have a chewier crust.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of spaghetti squash. The actual amount consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 233 calories; 3.9 44.1 5.5 39 301 Full nutrition