Homemade Vegan Yogurt
made it | 0 reviews |
"The main thing I strongly suggest is to read the directions and everything before making this homemade vegan yogurt... It will help the understanding! But, other than that...seems pretty legit? When it is cold enough to your liking, add some vegan sugar and some fruit of any kind to really make it taste amazing!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients7 h 30 m servings 70
Original recipe yields 7 servings (7 jars)
- Place arrowroot powder, tapioca flour, flaxseed meal, and guar gum separately into 4 small disposable cups with enough water to dissolve each.
- Bring almond milk to a boil in a saucepan. Add the dissolved arrowroot, tapioca, flaxseed, and guar gum. Add, one at a time, the agar agar, xanthan gum, ground soy lecithin granules, and soy-sunflower lecithin, whisking vigorously after each addition. Blend using an electric mixer until well combined. Continue cooking until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the yogurt mixture reads 90 to 115 degrees F (32 to 46 degrees C), about 5 minutes.
- Stir vegan yogurt starter into the saucepan with the yogurt mixture; mix well. Pour yogurt into jars.
- Turn on the oven light. Place jars on the top rack in the oven; cover with a cloth. Close the door and let yogurt sit until thickened to desired consistency, 7 to 9 hours. Seal jars or pour yogurt into an airtight container and refrigerate.
- Cook's Notes:
- Use any non-dairy milk you prefer.
- This will never belong in the "quick and easy" category! Haha. It was a pain it the butt to type but, surprisingly, a relief to know it isn't as hard as it sounds. Just a lot of time. But worth it! Sorry for all of the directions. It's pretty lengthy. But, I'm sure you will enjoy it. Cruelty-free is the way to be!
Per Serving: 70 calories; 2.9 10 1.1 0 101 Full nutrition