Homemade Maple Yogurt Recipe
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"Do you like Brown Cow® maple yogurt? Well, this is a very delicious homemade version that I created myself, after several frustrating attempts at getting homemade yogurt to taste like it's commercial gourmet counterparts! Trust me, after making this yogurt, you will never want to buy commercial yogurt again!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients11 h 15 m servings 205
Original recipe yields 7 servings (7 individual yogurt cups)
- Heat milk in a small saucepan over medium heat until it begins to bubble. Stir powdered milk and sugar into the hot milk until dissolved. Remove from heat and let cool until an instant-read thermometer reads 110 degrees F (43 degrees C).
- Place yogurt in a bowl and add a small amount of warmed milk mixture; combine thoroughly. Pour yogurt mixture back into the saucepan with warmed milk in a thin stream, stirring constantly, until thoroughly blended. Add heavy cream and maple flavoring. Stir well to combine.
- Pour milk-cream mixture into 7 individual serving jars. Process in a yogurt maker, according to manufacturer's instructions, for 8 hours. Chill at least 3 hours before serving.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use this basic recipe for any flavor... remove the maple and perhaps add fresh blueberry sauce? Or how about some chocolate ganache?
- Although I make my yogurt in a yogurt maker, you can also use a slow cooker. Online are several tutorials on slow cooker yogurt-making.
- The heavy cream is optional; use it if you like a cream top on your yogurt.
- Place a folded kitchen towel underneath the yogurt machine to absorb shock.
Per Serving: 205 calories; 11 18.7 8.2 39 111 Full nutrition