Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients8 h 10 m servings 97 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 quart of yogurt)
- Heat up the oven by turning on for 3 to 4 minutes; turn the oven off.
- Bring milk to a boil over medium-high heat in a large saucepan. Stir in sugar and vanilla extract until blended. Turn off heat and let sit until warm but not cool.
- Place yogurt in a large container; pour in milk mixture. Cover and place in the oven until yogurt has set, 8 to 16 hours. Store in the refrigerator.
- Cook's Notes:
- To turn into Greek Yogurt, refrigerate yogurt for 16 hours. Line a sieve with cheesecloth and let drain for 4 hours. This will give you about 1/2 of a quart.
- Keep yogurt from your last batch to make yogurt in the future. Always use the freshest yogurt. One cup of yogurt is enough to make 2 to 3 quarts of yogurt.
- Make sure your yogurt starter contains active cultures.
Per Serving: 97 calories; 4 g fat; 9.3 g carbohydrates; 4.1 g protein; 12 mg cholesterol; 52 mg sodium. Full nutrition