Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients9 h 15 m servings 265
Original recipe yields 4 servings (1 quart)
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees F (80 degrees C). Turn off oven when temperature is reached.
- Combine water and milk powder in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the mixture reads 115 degrees F (46 degrees C), 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir plain yogurt into the milk-water mixture. Add sugar and vanilla extract. Pour mixture into 2 clean, oven-proof containers. Place in the preheated oven until tart and as thick as heavy cream, about 8 hours. Reheat oven to 175 degrees F (80 degrees C) every 1 to 2 hours, or as needed, to keep yogurt at a temperature of about 115 degrees F (46 degrees C).
- Cover yogurt and refrigerate until cooled and thickened to desired consistency, 1 to 3 hours.
- Cook's Note:
- Sugar can be replaced with any sweetener of your choice.
Per Serving: 265 calories; 0.6 44.1 18.9 11 285 Full nutrition