Best Ever Lemon Drizzle Cake
Try This Recipe!
Ingredients55 m servings 494 cals
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Measure ingredients into bowls. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Combine 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar and butter in a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until creamy and pale. Add 1 egg at a time, beating until the batter returns to a uniform pale color before adding the next. Sift in flour gradually. Fold with a wooden spoon to be sure flour is combined. Add baking powder and lemon zest.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan, being careful not to press it down.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 40 to 45 minutes. Try not to open the oven door early to avoid collapsing the fluffy cake.
- Juice the zested lemon into a small bowl. Add the zest and juice of the second lemon. Stir in 7 tablespoons sugar until dissolved. Pour glaze over the warm cake and leave to cool in the pan; glaze will harden as the cake cools.
- Cook's Note:
- I like to add very finely chopped mint leaves to the glaze for a refreshing twist!
Per Serving: 494 calories; 25.8 g fat; 63 g carbohydrates; 6.4 g protein; 154 mg cholesterol; 569 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Hi there. I tried this recipe today after a friend told me it was the best cake she has ever tasted. After 45 minutes I took it out and it collapsed completely in the middle in the shape of a re...