Easy Chicken Madras Recipe
Try This Recipe!
Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 246 cals
- Place onions, chile peppers, ginger, and garlic in a blender with a splash of water. Blend into a smooth paste; season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large, high-sided pan over medium heat. Cook paste until slightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Heat a small skillet over medium-low heat. Add Madras curry powder; cook and stir until fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Mix into the paste.
- Cook and stir chicken in the spice paste mixture until browned, 5 to 10 minutes. Pour in tomatoes. Fill the tomato can halfway with water and pour in too. Simmer over medium-low heat until liquid is reduced, about 50 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Scatter cilantro on top.
- Cook's Note:
- Substitute 1 pound of vegetables or seafood for the chicken, if preferred.
Per Serving: 246 calories; 6.8 g fat; 20.7 g carbohydrates; 25.6 g protein; 59 mg cholesterol; 256 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I wasn't sure if we would like this, but it was surprisingly delicious. My husband is fussy, but he actually raved about it. It was nice to try something really different for a change, and I l...