Best Instant Pot® Chicken Cacciatore
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 279
- Dredge chicken thighs and breasts with salt, pepper, and flour.
- Turn on a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot(R)) and select Saute function. Heat 1/2 the olive oil. Add chicken and cook until browned on both sides, flipping halfway using tongs, about 10 minutes. Transfer chicken to a plate.
- Heat remaining olive oil in the pot. Saute celery and onion until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add garlic; stir in mushrooms, green bell pepper, diced red bell pepper, and roasted red pepper. Saute until fragrant, about 1 minute more.
- Return chicken to pot. Add Cabernet Sauvignon, tomato paste, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, onion powder, bouillon, and Italian seasoning. Close and lock the lid. Select high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 11 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure carefully using the quick-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, about 5 minutes. Unlock and remove lid.
- Cook's Notes:
- Use all organic/free range ingredients if you can.
- Flour can be substituted for the cornstarch.
Per Serving: 279 calories; 12.9 13.1 22.6 62 1283 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
My first attempt at using the Instant Pot was a huge success! I stuck to the recipe except used only 2 chicken bouillon cubes, as someone mentioned 3 made their's too salty.
My entire family loved this dish. If you don't like spicy food, you should probably cut back a little on the red pepper flakes. It was not overwhelming, but had a bit of a kick to it.
This is absolutely delicious! My husband and I both loved it. The only change I made was to cut down on the amount of red pepper flakes. Will be excellent to serve to company
This was pretty good. Oh so easy to make, the prep is easy and the Instant Pot does all the work! I used chicken breasts because that's what we eat. The celery didn't cook all the way but it was...