Russian Chicken and Beet Salad
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"The Russian name for this classic Russian salad is garnet bracelet, named after a famous Russian short story by the same name since the pomegranate seeds resemble garnets. Layers of beets, potato, egg, walnuts, and chicken make this a fantastically different option for lunch or a buffet."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 331
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Place potatoes, beets, and carrots into a large saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and let cool, at least 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Peel potatoes, beets, and carrots. Coarsely grate vegetables and eggs into separate, individual bowls. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place a small glass in the middle of a serving plate. Layer salad around the glass into a bracelet-like shape in the following order: potatoes, 1/2 the beets, carrots, walnuts, 1/2 the chicken, onion, eggs, remaining chicken, remaining beets, topping each addition with 1 tablespoons mayonnaise except for the walnuts, onion, and last beet layer.
- Remove the glass and cover salad with the remaining 6 tablespoons mayonnaise. Garnish the top with pomegranate seeds.
You might also like
Per Serving: 331 calories; 24 18.9 11.4 81 201 Full nutrition