Linguine a Ragu di Prosciutto
made it | 0 reviews |
"Perhaps the very best pasta dish I make. A rich, delicious, and soul-satisfying Italian recipe that is certain to wow your guests at any dinner party. Do not even begin to think about cooking this if you are looking for a low-fat, low-calorie, or in any way light meal. It ain't happening with this one."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 603 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Place morels in a bowl. Cover with lukewarm water and soak for 30 minutes. Drain.
- Place morels, ham, and prosciutto in a food processor. Grind to a coarse mixture.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add the ham mixture. Cook, stirring occasionally, until flavors combine, about 15 minutes.
- Stir tomatoes into the saucepan. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer until sauce is thickened, about 20 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook linguine at a boil until tender yet firm to the bite, about 11 minutes. Drain.
- Fold cream into the sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top and serve over linguine.
- Cook's Note:
- To reduce calories, you can use turkey bacon in place of prosciutto, olive oil for the butter, and fat-free evaporated milk for the cream.
Per Serving: 603 calories; 31.7 g fat; 62.7 g carbohydrates; 19.2 g protein; 92 mg cholesterol; 567 mg sodium. Full nutrition