Russian Baked Beef
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"This recipe is very forgiving - you can use tender or tougher cuts of beef. Nice dinner with potatoes and green salad."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 530
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a baking dish.
- Cut beef across the grain into finger-thick slices and pound with a meat mallet. Place in the baking dish in 1 layer. Season with salt and pepper. Cover with onion slices and spinkle with Cheddar cheese.
- Stir together milk and mayonnaise and pour evenly over the cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until beef is tender and cooked through, about 1 hour.
- Cook's Notes:
- Any mature cheese can be used instead of the Cheddar cheese.
- Bake time will vary on the cut of your beef - if the beef is more tender, 1 hour should be enough. For tougher cuts, bake an additional 30 minutes.
Per Serving: 530 calories; 41 6 33 122 351 Full nutrition