Russian Pork Roast
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"This is a popular Russian recipe of roast pork stuffed with cheese and tomatoes. For best results, remove the foil to let the meat brown just before it is done."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 20 m servings 183
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 2-pound pork roast)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cut pork into 1/4-inch slices lengthwise, stopping 1/2-inch from the bottom, so it can fan out like a book. Stuff tomatoes, onion, and Gouda cheese in between the slices.
- Combine garlic and salt in a bowl, then stir in mustard and pepper. Spread mixture all over the pork. Press pork slices firmly together and wrap in aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 1 hour 30 minutes. Uncover and continue baking until nicely browned, about 30 minutes more.
- Cook's Notes:
- Use any cut of pork that's good for roasting.
- Use any cheese you prefer.
Per Serving: 183 calories; 9.1 5.1 19.7 60 221 Full nutrition