Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients58 m servings 295
Original recipe yields 4 servings (4 eggs)
- Heat oil in a heavy-bottomed skillet over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add sausage, green bell pepper, and red bell pepper. Cook and stir until peppers start to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Stir red chile pepper, garlic, and cumin seed into the onion-bell pepper mixture until coated in oil. Add tomato. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until vegetable mixture is thick, about 20 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Make 4 wells in the vegetable mixture and break an egg into each. Place the skillet on a simmer mat to prevent bottom from scorching. Cover and cook until eggs are set, about 10 minutes. Scatter the surface with cilantro and season with black pepper.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes plus 1/2 teaspoon chili powder in lieu of the red chile, if needed.
- Use any kind of sausage you prefer.
- You can substitute a handful of cherry tomatoes for the regular tomatoes.
Per Serving: 295 calories; 22.1 10 15 217 183 Full nutrition