Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients58 m servings 295
Original recipe yields 4 servings (4 eggs)
- Heat oil in a heavy-bottomed skillet over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add sausage, green bell pepper, and red bell pepper. Cook and stir until peppers start to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Stir red chile pepper, garlic, and cumin seed into the onion-bell pepper mixture until coated in oil. Add tomato. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until vegetable mixture is thick, about 20 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Make 4 wells in the vegetable mixture and break an egg into each. Place the skillet on a simmer mat to prevent bottom from scorching. Cover and cook until eggs are set, about 10 minutes. Scatter the surface with cilantro and season with black pepper.
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes plus 1/2 teaspoon chili powder in lieu of the red chile, if needed.
- Use any kind of sausage you prefer.
- You can substitute a handful of cherry tomatoes for the regular tomatoes.
Per Serving: 295 calories; 22.1 10 15 217 183 Full nutrition