Pickled Red Onions
3 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 15
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 pint jar)
- Bring water to a boil in a saucepan.
- Stuff onion slices into a pint-size Mason jar. Pour some of the boiling water over the onions. Let rest for 10 seconds. Pour out water through a mesh strainer, keeping onions in the jar. Repeat twice more to cook onions slightly.
- Measure vinegar into a bowl. Stir in salt and sugar until dissolved. Add peppercorns. Pour vinegar solution over onions. Seal and shake well.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving so that the flavor develops.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute kosher or pickling salt for the sea salt if preferred.
- Substitute cider vinegar for the white wine vinegar if desired.
Per Serving: 15 calories; 0 3.5 0.4 0 226 Full nutrition