Vegan Apple-Yogurt Parfait with Maca Powder
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Little Bites of Beauty
"When it comes to presenting dessert to guests, there is nothing like a jaw-dropping, multi-layered parfait. And this low-fat version of the classic, with apple sauce, coconut yogurt, maca powder, and lots of other whole ingredients, is a winner! I am slightly obsessed with coconut yogurt and with making my own carob nutella… so towering these 2 ingredients in a delicious parfait enriched with a hint of Austrian apple strudel was a temptation I couldn't resist."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients4 h 20 m servings 160
Original recipe yields 4 servings (4 parfaits)
- Combine carob powder and cacao powder in a small bowl. Add coconut milk little by little, mixing well until no lumps remain.
- Mix applesauce and maca powder together in a bowl. Add raisins and 1 teaspoon maple syrup.
- Mix shredded coconut and 2 teaspoons maple syrup together in a bowl.
- Spoon layers of 1 tablespoon each carob mixture, maple coconut flakes, maca applesauce, and coconut yogurt, in that order, into 4 digestif glasses or small wine glasses. Cover the parfaits and refrigerate until very cold, at least 4 hours.
- Decorate parfaits with figs, strawberries, and shaved chocolate.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- To keep this parfait AIP, omit cacao powder, maple syrup, and chocolate, and you have a dessert suitable for those who are following the Auto Immune Protocol diet.
Per Serving: 160 calories; 9.2 22.3 2 0 9 Full nutrition