Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients35 m servings 276 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 loaf)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Grease a 9-inch baking pan.
- Combine cornmeal, quinoa flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda in a bowl.
- Mix buttermilk, egg, butter, and honey together in a separate bowl. Pour over cornmeal mixture; mix the two together. Pour into the greased baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until top is golden, about 25 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute brown sugar for the honey, if desired. Substitute bacon fat for the butter, if desired.
- For a spicier variation, add a 4-ounce can of chopped green chiles or jalapeno-tomato relish.
- Bake into muffins, if preferred.
Per Serving: 276 calories; 7.5 g fat; 43.6 g carbohydrates; 8.3 g protein; 38 mg cholesterol; 587 mg sodium. Full nutrition