Cast Iron-Braised Chicken and Tomatoes
made it | 0 reviews |
"The braising of chicken and the added tomatoes keeps it moist and delicious! Everyone will love this dish! The key is the cast iron skillet. Any cast iron skillet will do, just make sure you have a lid! The beauty of this is that the flavors marry together in the skillet, and you won't need to add a ton of salt and seasonings! Have fun with this! Add your own spices and twists! You can go any direction."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients26 m servings 425
Original recipe yields 4 servings (2 large chicken breasts)
- Cut chicken breasts in half width-wise and pat dry. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil in a cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add onions and garlic salt; cook and stir until browned, about 6 minutes. Transfer onions to a bowl.
- Combine chicken and flour in a resealable plastic bag; seal and toss until coated.
- Coat the bottom of the skillet with remaining olive oil over medium-high heat. Cook chicken in the hot skillet until browned, covering with a lid after 1 minute, about 5 minutes per side.
- Stir cooked onions and stewed tomatoes in with the chicken until steamy, about 3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium. Cover and cook until chicken is moist on the inside but still crispy on the outside, no more than 1 minute.
Per Serving: 425 calories; 20.1 31.9 27.9 65 461 Full nutrition