Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients55 m servings 704
Original recipe yields 2 servings (2 steaks with sauce)
- Coat steaks with ground peppercorns, olive oil, and soy sauce. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Place 2 tablespoons butter in the skillet and allow it to melt completely and begin to foam. Cook steaks in the hot skillet until browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Place mushrooms around steaks and stir to coat with pan drippings.
- Transfer skillet to the preheated oven and cook until steaks are firm and reddish-pink and juicy in the center, 6 to 8 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 135 degrees F (57 degrees C). Remove steaks from the skillet and allow to rest.
- Return skillet to medium heat and add remaining 1 tablespoon butter and garlic. Cook, stirring constantly, until garlic is fragrant, about 2 minutes. Pour in bourbon carefully, away from any heat source, and cream. Allow to simmer until slightly reduced, about 2 minutes. Serve sauce over steaks.
You might also like
Per Serving: 704 calories; 62.1 7.9 22.6 188 497 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Very tasty. Didn't have whipping cream (don't use) so the 2 % milk was just fine.