made it | 0 reviews |
"This eye-catching Russian layered chicken and mushroom salad is perfect for any party or buffet. The salad is decorated to look like a sunflower, hence the name."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients3 h servings 589 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Place chicken legs into a large pot and cover with salted water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until no longer pink at the bone, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain and let cool. Shred chicken meat and season with salt.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir onion until soft, about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook until soft, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Mix mayonnaise and garlic together in a bowl. Mix 1/4 cup of the mayonnaise with the chicken.
- Spread chicken-mayonnaise mixture in the shape of a disk on a serving plate. Cover with onion-mushroom mixture and 1/4 cup of mayonnaise. Add grated egg whites and 1/4 cup of mayonnaise. Sprinkle Cheddar cheese on top; cover with remaining mayonnaise. Sprinkle grated egg yolks evenly over the top.
- Cut olives into 4 wedges each and place on top to resemble sunflower seeds. Refrigerate salad for 2 hours.
- Place potato chips around the salad to resemble sunflower petals.
Per Serving: 589 calories; 47.3 g fat; 20.6 g carbohydrates; 22.3 g protein; 148 mg cholesterol; 625 mg sodium. Full nutrition