Russian Mushroom Salad
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"A traditional layered Russian salad of mushrooms, hard-boiled eggs, pickled cucumbers, onion, and mayonnaise. Decorate with chopped parsley or dill. If you are not making the salad in a mold, simply reverse the order of layers and layer directly onto a serving plate. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate before serving."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 55 m servings 314
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Place potatoes, unpeeled, into a pot and cover with salted water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and cool until easily handled; peel and dice.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms; cook and stir until browned, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Cover the bottom of a mold with 2 diced eggs. Layer 1 onion, 1/4 cup mayonnaise, 1/2 of the mushrooms, and all the potatoes on top. Spread 1/4 cup mayonnaise, all the cornichons, remaining eggs, and another 3 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise on top. Finish layers with remaining onion, mushrooms, and mayonnaise.
- Refrigerate until firm, 1 to 2 hours. Invert onto a serving platter and lift off mold.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- If the mayonnaise is too thick for spreading, dilute it with a little water or lemon juice.
Per Serving: 314 calories; 26.2 15.1 6.2 120 609 Full nutrition