Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients30 m servings 331
Original recipe yields 4 servings (4 doughnuts)
- Mix farmer's cheese, flour, eggs, sugar, vanilla extract, and salt together in a bowl until a sticky dough forms.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls with wet hands to prevent sticking.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or heavy saucepan to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). The oil should be hot but not smoking. It is ready for frying if you see little air bubbles around a wooden spoon placed in the oil.
- Fry a batch of the dough balls in the hot oil until golden, about 2 minutes. Place doughnuts on paper towels to soak up excess oil. Repeat with remaining dough. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
- Cook's Notes:
- Use any color of decorating sugar you prefer.
- If you want your doughnuts to have a smoother surface, press the cheese through a sieve before adding to the mixture.
Per Serving: 331 calories; 16.1 32.4 13.6 113 261 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I made this with the ricotta since that is what I had at home. They were a hit. I had to make another batch since it went that fast. The recipe is fast and easy.