Mom's Russian Tea
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 129
Original recipe yields 10 servings (10 cups)
- Bring 8 cups water to a boil in a large stockpot. Remove from heat. Add tea bags; steep, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove and discard tea bags and return pot to medium heat.
- Bring 1 cup water to a boil in a separate pot. Add sugar; stir well until dissolved. Pour mixture into the stockpot with the tea. Add pineapple juice, orange juice concentrate, and lemon juice. Stir.
- Put cloves in a tea ball and place into the stockpot with the tea-juice mixture. Cook for 10 minutes; do not boil. Turn heat down to very low; let simmer until flavors blend, 15 to 20 minutes more.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Feel free to adjust sweetness to your liking. I've not found a substitute like stevia, nectars, etc., that have not changed the overall flavor to where we still like it. This is how our family prefers it.
- You can substitute 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon for the cinnamon sticks.
Per Serving: 129 calories; 0.1 32.9 0.7 0 8 Full nutrition