My Man's Favorite Soup (Stroganoff Soup)
made it | 0 reviews |
"I made this beef stroganoff soup trying to use up a bunch of mushrooms given to me by a friend. I was looking for a cream of mushroom soup recipe but didn't have most of the ingredients called for. Using what I had on hand, I came up with this; great for winter or fall days! It cooks in one pot and is my go to recipe when I don't have much time! I call it stroganoff soup because it reminds me of my mom's stroganoff. My husband calls it his favorite!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 7 m servings 338 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 pot of soup)
- Combine ground beef and garlic in a large pot over medium heat. Cook and stir beef in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and discard grease. Transfer beef to a bowl; do not wash the pot.
- Combine onion, butter, salt, and pepper in the same pot. Simmer until onion is almost translucent, about 3 minutes. Add mushrooms; simmer until mushrooms are soft and onion is completely translucent, about 3 minutes more.
- Return cooked beef to the pot. Add bouillon cubes, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and parsley. Season with additional salt and pepper, if desired. Stir until combined, about 1 minute. Add water and bring to a boil. Continue boiling, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- Whisk 1/2 cup milk and 1/4 cup flour in a bowl until all lumps dissolve. Add mixture to soup and stir until completely blended, about 1 minute. Repeat this process 3 more times withe remaining milk and flour. Bring soup back to a low boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 15 minutes.
- Remove soup from heat and let stand 10 minutes before serving. Stir the pot, ladle about 2 cups into an individual serving bowl, top with 1/4 cup shredded Colby-Jack cheese, and 2 tablespoons sour cream.
- Cook's Note:
- To adjust the thickness of the soup, use more or less flour. You may also use cream instead of milk for a thicker base. To make a heartier soup (although this is plenty hearty already), you can use more beef or mushrooms. You really must add the cheese and sour cream at the end, it completes the whole meal. This recipe is really hard to mess up; the measurements do not need to be perfect.
Per Serving: 338 calories; 19.8 g fat; 21 g carbohydrates; 19.1 g protein; 71 mg cholesterol; 1107 mg sodium. Full nutrition