JayBeez Beef Stroganoff
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 395
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 1/2 pounds beef sirloin)
- Mix beef and steak seasoning together in a bowl.
- Heat olive oil in a 5-quart pot over medium-high heat. Add beef in a single layer; cook, turning once, until just browned on both sides, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a plate using tongs; cover with aluminum foil and keep warm.
- Combine butter with the drippings in the pot and melt over medium heat. Add mushrooms and onion; cook and stir until mushrooms brown and onion softens, 7 to 9 minutes. Stir in water and bring to a simmer. Add 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon soup base; mix well.
- Place sour cream in a bowl. Ladle in 1/2 cup of the simmering mushroom-soup base mixture. Beat with a whisk to combine. Set aside until the final step.
- Stir cream of mushroom soup and egg noodles into the pot and mix well. Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until noodles are tender yet firm to the bite and liquid is mostly reduced to sauce, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Stir cooked beef and any accumulated liquid into the sauce. Return to a simmer. Remove from heat; stir in sour cream mixture. Add peas. Let sit until heated through, 5 to 7 minutes. Top with parsley.
- Cook's Note:
- You can use 32 ounces beef-flavored broth in place of the water and soup base.
Per Serving: 395 calories; 21 28.8 22.9 80 1237 Full nutrition