The Best Classic Beef Stroganoff
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 447
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Mix flour, salt, and pepper together in a bowl. Pound mixture into the beef. Cut beef into 1/2-inch strips.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add beef; cook until browned, about 10 minutes. Remove meat with a slotted spoon, transfer to a covered container, and refrigerate while you make the gravy; do not wash the pan.
- Stir water, onion, and garlic into the pan. Cook and stir over medium heat until all of the brown bits have been scraped from the bottom of the pan, about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and cream of mushroom soup. Cook until mushrooms are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Mix beef and gravy in a pot over medium heat until hot but not boiling, about 5 minutes. Add sour cream and serve.
- Cook's Notes:
- If making gravy at a separate time from the beef, just transfer gravy to a covered container and refrigerate until needed.
Per Serving: 447 calories; 36.4 12.3 18.9 95 1031 Full nutrition