Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients53 m servings 491 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 9x13-inch casserole)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place 2 tablespoons butter in a 9x13-inch casserole dish.
- Place casserole dish in the preheating oven to melt butter. Remove from oven, leaving heat on, and spread the melted butter around the dish to coat the bottom.
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil. Stir in egg noodles and return to a boil. Cook noodles uncovered, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 6 minutes. Drain.
- Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and onion; cook and stir until onions are soft, about 5 minutes. Add ground turkey. Cook, breaking the meat up, until browned and crumbled, 5 to 7 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper. Add mushroom soup, sour cream, and meatball seasoning packets. Stir well, adding milk, until sauce is thickened to desired consistency, 3 to 5 minutes more.
- Combine the egg noodles and sauce; place in the casserole dish. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until top is bubbling, about 30 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can substitute low-fat or fat-free sour cream.
- You can substitute reduced sodium or fat-free cream of mushroom soup.
- You can use skim milk.
- You can substitute olive oil for butter.
- Ground beef will also work in place of ground turkey.
Per Serving: 491 calories; 27 g fat; 33.3 g carbohydrates; 30.2 g protein; 136 mg cholesterol; 1100 mg sodium. Full nutrition