Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 496
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 9x13-inch casserole)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add penne and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 11 minutes. Drain and return to the pot.
- Remove beef roast from the package and place in a bowl, reserving juices. Shred into bite-size pieces using 2 forks.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms, onion, and garlic; cook and stir until tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in flour and tomato paste until combined. Stir in reserved meat juices, broth, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, salt, and pepper. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly, 6 to 8 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in 1/2 cup sour cream.
- Stir shredded beef and mushroom mixture into the pot of cooked pasta. Spoon mixture into a 9x13-inch baking dish. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until heated through, about 30 minutes.
- Combine remaining sour cream and horseradish in a small bowl. Add dill. Spoon on top of the casserole.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Campanelle pasta can be substituted for the penne.
- You can use Spanish paprika in place of the smoked paprika, if desired.
- Substitute 1/4 teaspoon dried dill for the fresh dill if needed.
Per Serving: 496 calories; 24.6 43.4 27.3 80 347 Full nutrition