Ingredients1 h 28 m servings 533 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat 2 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium heat and cook onions until softened and browned, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer onions into a tagine. Layer chicken pieces on top of onions.
- Combine turmeric, cumin, ground coriander, and salt in a small bowl; mix well with remaining 5 tablespoons olive oil. Spread spice mixture onto the chicken pieces. Add cinnamon pieces, bay leaves, ginger, and cilantro. Pour in 1/2 cup of water and cover tagine with a lid.
- Bake in the preheated oven until chicken is no longer pink at the bone and the juices run clear, about 50 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted near the bone should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Melt butter in a skillet over low heat while chicken is cooking. Add sliced pears and honey and cook, while stirring, until honey has caramelized.
- Remove tagine from the oven and stir in caramelized pears. Return to the oven and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- Use a heavy-bottomed ceramic or cast iron casserole if you don't have a tagine.
Per Serving: 533 calories; 36 g fat; 19.8 g carbohydrates; 32.6 g protein; 110 mg cholesterol; 509 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
Turned out excellent and served it over couscous ...will make it agaIn adding some raisins...
I've made this twice now using my clay cooker, not an actual Tagine. And it turned out beautifully delicious! Loved the cilantro as a pot herb, chicken is tender and the dish is very tasty and ...
Great recipe!! Very good, family enjoyed it! Used my tangine. Variations due to time available for prep and chicken available in my freezer at the time. I seasoned overnight and I used bonel...
This is a delicious recipe for 3 people and still have left overs the next day. Best served with steam rice.