Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients27 m servings 222
Original recipe yields 12 servings (12 arepas)
- Bring milk to a simmer in a pot. Remove from heat and stir in butter.
- Combine arepas flour, grated Monterey Jack cheese, kosher salt, and black pepper in a large bowl. Add the hot milk mixture and honey; stir until combined. Let mixture sit until milk is absorbed enough for a soft dough to form, 1 to 2 minutes. Dough will continue to stiffen.
- Form dough into 12 balls about 2 inches in diameter. Flatten between palms into 3 1/2- to 4-inch arepa patties about 1/3-inch thick.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Fry 3 to 4 arepas at a time until lightly golden brown, about 3 minutes per side. Slice each arepa in half crosswise and stuff a portion of chicken, sliced Monterey Jack cheese, and avocado between the halves.
- Cook's Note:
- Select any fillings combos you like. Options include shredded beef/pork with cheese and beans, scrambled eggs with tomatoes, peppers, and cheese, and grilled veggies.
Per Serving: 222 calories; 13.8 14.7 10.1 37 266 Full nutrition