Vegan Japchae Korean Noodles
Ingredients27 m servings 455 cals
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil; stir in noodles and return to a boil. Cook noodles uncovered, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 5 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Toss noodles with 2 teaspoons sesame oil. Cut into shorter pieces using kitchen shears.
- Combine soy sauce and sugar in a bowl.
- Heat vegetable oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Saute carrots and onion until soft, about 1 minute. Add mushrooms, green onions, and garlic. Saute until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the noodles, soy sauce mixture, and spinach. Cook and stir until noodles are heated through, 2 to 3 minutes more. Remove from heat. Toss in remaining 1 tablespoon sesame oil and sesame seeds.
- Cook's Note:
- You can use dried mushrooms; just reconstitute them in hot water for at least 10 minutes.
Per Serving: 455 calories; 12.3 g fat; 73.5 g carbohydrates; 13 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 1552 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
This was relatively easy (just a lot of slicing of veggies) and was tasty. I didn't add the spinach, but still thought it had a good amount of veggies.
This was a perfect recipe. I garnished with lemon and added a little sriracha—yum!!
Ooops! I spiralized a regular sweet potato and used that instead of dangmyun, but it still turned out great!