Korean Take-Out Rice Noodles (Vegan)
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 35 m servings 530
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Pulse ginger, garlic, and sugar together in a food processor or blender. Add water, tamari, almond butter, 2 tablespoons sesame oil, Worcestershire sauce, rice vinegar, and red pepper flakes. Process again until smooth. Transfer sauce to a small bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until flavors intensify, at least 1 hour.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook noodles in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 14 minutes. Toss in bok choy; cook until slightly wilted, about 1 minute. Drain and rinse in cold water to chill the noodles. Toss in a bowl with remaining 1 tablespoon sesame oil.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add carrots; cook and stir until slightly tender, about 3 minutes. Add zucchini. Cook until tender but not mushy, about 5 minutes.
- Mix the chilled sauce into the bowl of noodles. Add the carrots and zucchini mixture, scallions, and sesame seeds.
- Cook's Notes:
- Brown sugar can be substituted for the palm sugar, if desired.
- Feel free to substitute soy sauce for the tamari.
- You can use udon noodles instead of rice noodles.
- Substitute peanut butter for the almond butter, if preferred.
Per Serving: 530 calories; 21.4 78.5 9.7 0 1327 Full nutrition