Korean-Style Braised (Slow Cooker) Baby Back Ribs
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"Slow cooker ribs inspired by my favorite Korean chef in the LA area, Roy Choi, whose cooking will oversaturate your taste buds. Flavor profile of this recipe 12/10. These remind me of your typical pot roast prep that your mom may have made growing up...if your mom happened to be a Korean man who went on to create the first fusion taco truck. Enjoy over a bed of steamed rice and your favorite banchan!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients3 h 26 m servings 533
Original recipe yields 4 servings (2 pounds ribs)
- Wash ribs and pat dry. Salt ribs liberally.
- Heat oil in a skillet over high heat. Add ribs. Cook, turning occasionally, until browned on all sides, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Place browned ribs in a 3-quart slow cooker.
- Place soy sauce, light soy sauce, rice wine, onion, orange juice, garlic, ginger, and jalapeno into a blender. Cover and blend until combined. Pour sauce over the the ribs in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on High until meat pulls away easily from the bone, 3 to 4 hours.
- Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler. Place ribs on a baking sheet or roasting pan.
- Bake ribs under the preheated broiler until nicely charred but not burned, about 5 minutes. Garnish with scallions.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Use any high-temperature oil (not olive oil) for browning the ribs.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of sauce ingredients. The actual amount of sauce consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 533 calories; 33.1 20.8 30.3 117 3562 Full nutrition