Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients3 h 5 m servings 922 cals
Original recipe yields 10 servings (1 7-pound ham)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Place ham in a large baking pan and score the surface with a knife. Mix 1/4 cup pineapple juice, 1/4 cup brown sugar, and butter together in a bowl. Inject the mixture into the ham; pour any remaining liquid over the ham. Pour an additional 1/2 cup pineapple juice and water into the pan. Rub 1/2 cup brown sugar onto the ham.
- Mix remaining pineapple juice, remaining brown sugar, ginger, and cloves in a small pan over medium heat. Cook until the mixture comes to a boil; simmer until glaze is reduced and dark brown, about 10 minutes.
- Bake ham in the preheated oven until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the ham and not touching the bone reads at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C), about 2 hours.
- Continue baking, brushing glaze onto ham every 10 minutes, about 30 minutes more. Remove from the oven and allow to sit 10 minutes before slicing.
- Cook's Note:
- You can use toothpicks to attach pineapple rings to the ham before baking. Remove the pineapple rings and set them in the bottom of the pan before glazing the ham.
Per Serving: 922 calories; 68.7 g fat; 17.6 g carbohydrates; 55.1 g protein; 254 mg cholesterol; 219 mg sodium. Full nutrition