Steve's Maple-Glazed Spiral Ham Recipe
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 15 m servings 5701
Original recipe yields 16 servings (1 ham)
- Place ham in a roasting pan and allow it to rest at room temperature for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Mix apple cider, orange juice, and vinegar together in a bowl.
- Open the spirals of the ham to reveal more of the meat's surface area. Pour the juice mixture over the ham. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until heated through, about 45 minutes.
- Whisk maple syrup, dark brown sugar, white sugar, mustard, soy sauce, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, red pepper flakes, and cloves together in a saucepan over medium heat until shimmering and smooth, about 2 minutes. Simmer 2 minutes more; remove glaze from heat to cool a bit.
- Increase oven temperature to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Remove aluminum foil from heated ham. Brush 1/3 the glaze atop the ham to cover it completely.
- Return ham to the hot oven. Bake, uncovered, about 8 minutes. Repeat adding glaze and baking for 8 minutes more.
- Remove ham and baste a third time with remaining 1/3 glaze. Continue baking until glaze is caramelized and bubbly, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from the oven and let rest 10 to 15 minutes before slicing. Drizzle pan juices on top.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of glaze ingredients. The actual amount of glaze consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 5701 calories; 433.4 19 400.3 1676 1148 Full nutrition