Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 d 3 h 10 m servings 740 cals
Original recipe yields 16 servings (1 8-pound ham)
- Combine sugar and water in a bowl and stir to dissolve sugar.
- Slice ham just shy of the bone into 1/2- to 1-inch slices. Place ham into the water and sugar solution; add more water, so ham is completely covered with liquid. Seal with plastic wrap and let soak in the refrigerator for a minimum of 48 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C).
- Combine honey and orange juice in a bowl. Line a roasting pan with aluminum foil.
- Drain the ham slices, pat dry, and place in the roasting pan. Wrap aluminum foil around the bottom of the ham and pour 1/2 the orange juice mixture over the ham. Wrap ham completely in foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven, basting with the remaining orange juice mixture, until a sticky, browned glaze forms, 3 to 4 hours.
- Cook's Note:
- Brown sugar can be used in place of honey, if desired.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of sugar marinade ingredients. The actual amount of marinade consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 740 calories; 42 g fat; 47.7 g carbohydrates; 42.3 g protein; 127 mg cholesterol; 2914 mg sodium. Full nutrition