Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients6 h 18 m servings 437
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 8-pound ham)
- Spray the slow cooker insert with cooking spray and place ham inside.
- Combine honey, brown sugar, mustard, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook, whisking thoroughly, until sugar is melted and ingredients are combined, 2 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Pour water into the bottom of the slow cooker. Pour sauce over the ham. Cover.
- Cook in the slow cooker on Low, 6 to 8 hours. Baste the ham with the juices from the bottom once every hour.
- Remove ham from the slow cooker. Pour juices from the bottom into a saucepan over medium heat. Mix cornstarch and water together in a bowl and pour into the saucepan. Cook until mixture thickens into a glaze, 6 to 8 minutes. Pour glaze over the ham or use as a gravy.
- Cook's Notes:
- If the lid does not fit over your ham, you can make an aluminum foil tent (I used an 8-pound ham and it didn't fit in my 6-quart slow cooker).
- If you don't have a slow cooker, bake this ham in your oven. Make a tent with foil and bake for 15 to 20 minutes per pound at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Baste the ham once every 30 minutes.
- If you want, you can even turn the ham every hour to make sure that all sides are getting cooked in the honey mixture.
Per Serving: 437 calories; 12.5 22.1 56.3 123 3005 Full nutrition