Gochujang Barbeque Sauce
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"This is a unique barbeque sauce I made using heirloom tomatoes from my backyard. For longer storage, can the sauce in a water bath. Make sure the water completely covers Mason jars, and the water reached a rolling boil for 15 minutes. If using the sauce within the next week, store it in the refrigerator."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients35 m servings 31
Original recipe yields 24 servings (2 12-ounce jars)
- Heat a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, vinegar, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, gochujang, soy sauce, molasses, garlic, and lime juice. Bring to a simmer. Remove from heat and allow sauce to cool for at least 15 minutes.
- Fill a blender with the sauce. Puree until smooth.
- Strain sauce through a sieve and pour into sterilized Mason jars.
- Cook's Notes:
- It is easy to make adjustments to your own personal taste as well as compensate for different heirloom tomatoes.
- Add a little more brown sugar for sweetness, a little more vinegar for tang, or more Korean gochujang for spice.
Per Serving: 31 calories; 0.1 7.1 0.6 0 116 Full nutrition