Kalbi (Korean Marinated Short Ribs)
1 made it | 0 reviews |
"On my half-day off, I decided to relax by making my favorite Korean meat dish, kalbi (marinated short ribs). Serve with white rice and kimchi. If serving small children (and wanting to prevent a mess), it's best to cut the meat off the bone and slice into bite-sized pieces. The dark marinade can stain clothes, so be careful."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients9 h 28 m servings 347
Original recipe yields 10 servings (3 pounds ribs)
- Place ribs in a bowl and cover with water; soak until water turns pink, about 1 hour. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- Combine soy sauce, Asian pear, onion, garlic, and ginger in a food processor. Pulse until smooth.
- Combine green onions, sesame oil, brown sugar, sesame seeds, honey, and black pepper in a large bowl; mix well. Add ribs and coat thoroughly with the marinade. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 8 hours to overnight.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Cook ribs on the grill until slightly charred and tender, about 4 minutes per side.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use an apple in place of the Asian pear.
- If using a stove top, add the short ribs to a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook about 5 minutes on each side or until slightly charred.
Per Serving: 347 calories; 28.6 8 14.2 56 753 Full nutrition